March 16, 2021
Dear Ajawah Parents, Campers and Friends:
Our team has been working hard, and are crafting a safe program infused with the Ajawah spirit for an in-person Ajawah experience for the 2021 season. Registration for in-person Ajawah 2021 Girls and Boys camp opens next Monday, March 22, 2021. Please read carefully the following information about registration.
- We will hold eight 6-day sessions (Sunday to Friday). Because we are limiting the number of campers to 30 per session, we’d like to ensure that as many campers as possible are able to come. Each camper will initially only be guaranteed one session. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. At a later time (likely May for Girls Camp and June for Boys Camp) we will open up registration for additional sessions, as space allows. When you register, please indicate your preference of session (in order). Also, please indicate the number of sessions your camper wishes to attend. Here are the dates for each session:
- Girls 1: June 20-June 25
- Girls 2: June 27-July 2
- Girls 3: July 4-July 9
- Girls 4: July 11-July 16
- Boys 1: July 18-July 23
- Boys 2: July 25-July 30
- Boys 3: August 1-August 6
- Boys 4: August 8-August 13
- The fee for each session will be $350 for the 6-day session. If you need a campership, please let us know by contacting the registrar at:
- There will be many changes at Ajawah this year that we will be putting into place to keep campers, staff, and families as safe as possible, given the current recommendations and restrictions related to Covid-19. Please note that these plans may change if the guidance from the CDC or the Minnesota Department of Health should change prior to the start of camp. Some of these changes include:
○ Campers will be put into “pods”, or “groups” which will include staff and campers, totalling 15 people or fewer. These will generally be divided by age, and are the groups campers will eat, sleep, swim, and play with. There will be very limited contact with other “pods”, or “groups” in camp, if any. Because of this, you are welcome to indicate one other person your camper would like to be paired with in the pod / group. Please know we can’t guarantee this, as it will be based on several factors including the combination of ages of other campers. We will do our best. Also,we would like you to be aware that if you are sending siblings in the same session, and they are in different pods / groups, they won’t be able to be in physical contact with each other while at camp.
○ Drop-off and pick-up will be very different. We will plan on having a low-contact, socially-distant process for both. Details will be coming in future
○ We will have additional requirements for campers prior to arrival, and during arrival which will include being in Minnesota or neighboring states for 14 days prior to the camp session, isolating as much as possible for 2 weeks prior to camp, testing prior to arrival (we will provide information about where this can be done, but will need to be arranged by the family), testing of campers on arrival (performed at camp), and a modified packing list.
○ We will have additional safety precautions in place during camp including fewer campers per tent (maximum of 3), masking and distancing until all arrival test results are available, and masking and social distancing between campers and staff of different pods / groups, additional hand washing and sanitizer, daily symptom and temperature checking, small group dining, and no out-of-camp activities. Additional details will be available soon.
○ More information can be found at www.ajawah.org
If you have concerns about these changes prior to registration, please let us know.
We are really excited to be able to have an in-person Ajawah experience this year, and are working closely with related guidance and organizations to make sure we can be as safe as possible and still experience the essence of Ajawah.
We can’t wait to be back at Camp!
Dave and Tilly