Camp Ajawah had a very successful 2022 session and we look forward to this summer!
- Girls 1 June 18th -June 30th
- Girls 2 July 2nd – July 14th
- Boys 1 July 16th – July 28th
- Boys 2 July 30th – Aug 11th
If you need a campership, please let us know by contacting the registrar at:
Ajawah had a great summer with 3 sessions each of Boys and Girls Camp, including a return of our 2 week sessions! We are looking forward to 2023 and already thinking about our program and schedule. Please check back here in January 2023 for more information about next summers Camp Ajawah experience!
Greetings, Ajawah campers and friends!
We are gearing up to open registration on March 1st, 2022 at 5pm!
It was wonderful to welcome campers back to Ajawah last year and we look forward to seeing even more of you this summer! We are excited to be on the journey back to our traditional sessions/programming with loosening some of our COVID restrictions. With that being our intention, here are some things to note:
This year, we will have six sessions:
Girls’ One: June 19-24 (one week)
Girls’ Two: June 26-July 1 (one week)
Girls’ Three: July 3-July 15 (two weeks)
Boys’ One: July 17-22 (one week)
Boys’ Two: July 24-29 (one week)
Boys’ Three: July 31-12 (two weeks)
Cost of camp:
One-week sessions: $375
Two-week sessions: $625
Camperships are available!
We will allow four campers per tent, so space is not yet at full capacity. Please register as soon as you can to ensure your camper has a spot.
We would respectfully ask that for now, you not sign up for more than two total weeks, to allow more interested campers the opportunity to attend since we are not back to full capacity yet. Please email us if your camper would like to attend more than two weeks so we can put you on a wait list.
COVID recommendations are changing all the time, so we anticipate needing to adjust our protocols as recommendations change, but please expect to show a negative PCR test on the first day of your camper’s session. Vaccinations are strongly recommended.
If your campers are like us, we can’t wait to get to back to camp – so join us on March 1st at 5pm to celebrate opening up camp registration with a party on the Camp Ajawah Minecraft server! We’ll have staff and counselors joined and welcoming all our minecraft-savvy campers to explore camp virtualy while we wait to see you this summer! Details on Minecraft versions and what you need to join can be found here https://www.ajawah.org/ajawah-minecraft-server/ We look forward to seeing you March 1st!
Looking forward to a great 2022 at Ajawah!!
Camp Ajawah had safe, successful and fun summer 2021 session. We are looking forward to 2022 already, and anticipate publishing date rate and program information after the new year. Check back then to start planning your campers summer fun at Ajawah!
As of today, all girsl sessions are full and we have a waiting list. Boys session 1 and 2 are full. Also check out our COVID-19 information page for updates to pre-arrival requirements. We are looking forward to a wonderful summer at Camp!
Greetings Camp Ajawah Family!
We are excited to count down the weeks to camp! Girl’s sessions are almost full, and Boys continue to get new sign-ups, so if your camper has friends thinking of going this summer, they should sign up now! As we get closer to the start, we will send along important information to help you prepare for a great summer camp experience. For campers who requested multiple sessions we will be processing those to fill any remaining camp vacancies in early May.
**General Reminder – 3-5 days before camp begins session campers will be required to complete a COVID test (must be a PCR test). You can find information on the MDH website for locations of free community testing sites or speak to your primary care provider for options. https://mn.gov/covid19/get-tested/testing-locations/index.jsp
**Our drop-off and pick-up procedures have changed for this year to minimize group sizes at check-in and departure. More information on the details for those days will be provided in the next several weeks.
**Here is the link for the 2021 camper packing list.
**Of particular note is mosquito netting to cover your camper’s cot, which can be hard to find closer to the start of summer. The list includes possible sources to buy mosquito nets.
The “Countdown to camp” is on!
March 16, 2021
Dear Ajawah Parents, Campers and Friends:
Our team has been working hard, and are crafting a safe program infused with the Ajawah spirit for an in-person Ajawah experience for the 2021 season. Registration for in-person Ajawah 2021 Girls and Boys camp opens next Monday, March 22, 2021. Please read carefully the following information about registration.
- We will hold eight 6-day sessions (Sunday to Friday). Because we are limiting the number of campers to 30 per session, we’d like to ensure that as many campers as possible are able to come. Each camper will initially only be guaranteed one session. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. At a later time (likely May for Girls Camp and June for Boys Camp) we will open up registration for additional sessions, as space allows. When you register, please indicate your preference of session (in order). Also, please indicate the number of sessions your camper wishes to attend. Here are the dates for each session:
- Girls 1: June 20-June 25
- Girls 2: June 27-July 2
- Girls 3: July 4-July 9
- Girls 4: July 11-July 16
- Boys 1: July 18-July 23
- Boys 2: July 25-July 30
- Boys 3: August 1-August 6
- Boys 4: August 8-August 13
- The fee for each session will be $350 for the 6-day session. If you need a campership, please let us know by contacting the registrar at:
- There will be many changes at Ajawah this year that we will be putting into place to keep campers, staff, and families as safe as possible, given the current recommendations and restrictions related to Covid-19. Please note that these plans may change if the guidance from the CDC or the Minnesota Department of Health should change prior to the start of camp. Some of these changes include:
○ Campers will be put into “pods”, or “groups” which will include staff and campers, totalling 15 people or fewer. These will generally be divided by age, and are the groups campers will eat, sleep, swim, and play with. There will be very limited contact with other “pods”, or “groups” in camp, if any. Because of this, you are welcome to indicate one other person your camper would like to be paired with in the pod / group. Please know we can’t guarantee this, as it will be based on several factors including the combination of ages of other campers. We will do our best. Also,we would like you to be aware that if you are sending siblings in the same session, and they are in different pods / groups, they won’t be able to be in physical contact with each other while at camp.
○ Drop-off and pick-up will be very different. We will plan on having a low-contact, socially-distant process for both. Details will be coming in future
○ We will have additional requirements for campers prior to arrival, and during arrival which will include being in Minnesota or neighboring states for 14 days prior to the camp session, isolating as much as possible for 2 weeks prior to camp, testing prior to arrival (we will provide information about where this can be done, but will need to be arranged by the family), testing of campers on arrival (performed at camp), and a modified packing list.
○ We will have additional safety precautions in place during camp including fewer campers per tent (maximum of 3), masking and distancing until all arrival test results are available, and masking and social distancing between campers and staff of different pods / groups, additional hand washing and sanitizer, daily symptom and temperature checking, small group dining, and no out-of-camp activities. Additional details will be available soon.
○ More information can be found at www.ajawah.org
If you have concerns about these changes prior to registration, please let us know.
We are really excited to be able to have an in-person Ajawah experience this year, and are working closely with related guidance and organizations to make sure we can be as safe as possible and still experience the essence of Ajawah.
We can’t wait to be back at Camp!
Dave and Tilly
Camp Ajawah is looking forward to offering an in-person experience for 2021. We are currently reviewing our options to offer a safe residential program that respects COVID-19 safety protocols. We anticipate publishing our plans by the end February including Dates, Rates and approach to COVID-19 safety. Please check back for more about the plans for Camp Ajawah 2021!
We are working hard to finalize summer 2021 plans, to be able to offer an in person camp experience that embodies the Ajawah spirit while also complying with CDC and MDH guidelines for running overnight camp. Details will be released soon and registration will open in early February.